Pavement patterns can be designed to improve gait in Parkinson's disease patients
- Ota GálCharles University
- Kamila PolákováCharles University
- Martina HoskovcováCharles University
- Jan TomandlCzech Technical University in Prague
- Václav ČapekCharles University
- Roman BerkaCzech Technical University in Prague
- Hana BrožováCharles University
- Irena ŠestákováCzech Technical University in Prague
- Evžen RůžičkaCharles University
Movement Disorders 34(12):1831-1838, 2019.
Public spaces are usually designed with respect to various patient populations, but not Parkinson’s disease. The objective of this study was to explore what type of easily applicable visual cueing might be used in public spaces and some interiors to improve gait in people with Parkinson’s disease.